Leadership Solutions for Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations
Healthcare Executive Search Solution: Our performance-based retained search process provides executive search solutions at the manager level and above.
Healthcare Interim Leadership Services: Our contingent-based interim leadership services provide interim professionals at the manager level and above.
Please click on the service offerings below to learn how our innovative performance-based retained process differs from traditional offerings for permanent recruitment, as well as how our interim management solutions are a cost-effective solution versus traditional contract firms.
Traditional Retained Firm Search Process:
- Generally specialize in mid to senior level management positions.
- Travel to their client site where they typically interview multiple members of the senior management team to get a sense of the strategic vision and culture of the organization.
- Often work with the Board of Directors.
- Develop networks of industry-specific candidates and contacts often built through involvement in industry specific experiences and professional organizations.
- Because retained firms work as consultants through exclusive search agreements, they are able to provide dedicated resources to each search.
- Are a source of competitive intelligence.
- Have staff that typically comes from industry or has significant industry experience.
- Provide thorough candidate evaluation to include detailed interviews (often in-person), reference checking, education verification, and behavioral evaluations.
- Offer extended guarantees, typically 6 to 12 months.
- Charge monthly expenses for administrative and marketing support, often amounting to thousands of dollars on top of the search fee.
- Search fee is paid in three installments based on pre-determined timeframes, not results.
- Typically the best option for a national search, industry-specific positions, or difficult to fill positions.
Traditional Contingent Firm Search Process:
- Paid a search fee only if one of their referred candidates is hired.
- Rely on large volume and quick turnarounds.
- Search fees are typically less than retained.
- Do not charge any search expenses.
- Commit limited resources to any one particular search as there is no guarantee of receiving any search fees. Rather, they focus more on marketing candidates to a wide variety of employers.
- Are more reliant on job boards and the Internet to source candidates.
- Offer short guarantees, typically 30 to 60 days.
- Conduct less detailed candidate evaluation process.
- Typically the best option for searches with a large local candidate pool (non-industry specific).
- Do not typically offer industry expertise and are not a source of competitive intelligence.
Morgan Hunter HealthSearch Performance Based Search Process:
- Built a network of candidates and contacts at the mid to senior management level within the healthcare industry through involvement in professional associations, national conferences, and personal contacts.
- Travel on-site to each client to understand the vision and culture of the organization, as well as the unique characteristics of the specific search.
- Dedicate resources to each search.
- Conduct detailed candidate evaluations and provide a written profile for each candidate.
- Search fees are based on results.
- Provide competitive market intelligence to our clients.
- Flat search expenses of $1,000 per search.
- Our staff has personal experience working in the healthcare industry.
- Offer a 6 month candidate guarantee for manager/director level and 12 month candidate guarantee for VP and C level.
- Focused exclusively in healthcare.
Interim Management Solutions Overview:
Morgan Hunter HealthSearch provides interim leadership at the manager through CEO level. We provide our client organizations the following benefits:
- Coverage for the vacancy of key leadership roles to ensure operations continue moving forward during a time of transition.
- Supplement to the existing leadership structure, driving specific initiatives or projects.
- Mentoring of an existing leader and/or team.
- Consultation/Operational Turnaround in the form of assessments and/or implementation action/improvements plans.
- Contingent-based process in which you don’t have to commit to us until after you have interviewed our resource and determine they fit your need.
- You directly employ or subcontract the interim resource, thus, you control compensation, travel schedule, travel costs and project timeframe.
- Transparency: All costs are known, including our monthly interim fee.
- Cost: Our process typically saves thousands of dollars each month versus traditional consulting firms.
Types Of Positions We Specialize In:
Below is a partial list of completed searches:
- Chief Clinical Officer (CCO)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Clinic Manager
- Dean of Academic Programs
- Director of Specialty Clinics
- Director of Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Director of Cancer Center
- Director of Cardiovascular Services
- Director of Case Management
- Director of Emergency Services
- Vice President of Patient Care Services
- Director of Health Information Management
- Director of Home Health/Hospice
- Director of ICU/Critical Care
- Director of Laboratory Services
- Director of Medical/Surgical
- Director of Nursing
- Director of Patient Financial Services
- Director of Pharmacy
- Director of Radiology
- Director of Surgical Services
- Executive Director
- Service Line Administrator
- Vice President of Human Resources
- Vice President of Marketing
- Vice President of Professional Services
- Vice President, Institutional Advancement
- Interim Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Interim Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
- Interim Director of Surgical Services
- Interim Director of Medical/Surgical
- Interim Director of Emergency Services
- Interim Director of Critical Care
- Interim Director of Director of Nursing
- Interim Director of ICU
- Interim Revenue Cycle Director
- Interim Director of Patient Financial Services
- Interim Director of Health Information Management
- Interim Director of Patient Access